Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two Nights of Simplicity

Things have been crazy around here lately, so we decided to play it low key for a couple days with two really simple meals. Last night was sloppy joes, straight out of the can. I've found all kinds of sloppy joe recipes on the 'net, but I'm pretty sure that for me, sloppy joes will always taste the best from Manwich.
This first picture is my version of the sloppy joe dinner, complete with frozen french fries and ketchup. See how neat and tidy I am?



My boyfriend, on the other hand, really likes to do it up sloppy:


What we have here is two open faced sloppy joes, topped with mustard and french fries. Right behind it is a mustard/Frank's Hot Sauce mixture for fry dippage.
Tonight's fare was even simpler. We went with the fries again and I drew on one of my childhood favorites: hot roast beef and cheddar sandwiches.


This used to be one of my favorite meals and is very simple. The sandwices consist of deli roast beef and cheedar cheese from the dairy department. After baking the fries, I lowered the temp from 450 to 350 degrees and put the sandwiches open faced into the oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese was melted. It looks a little plastic in this pic but it was delicous. Jon ate his with some generic Miracle Whip and I ate mine topped with zesty italian dressing.

Tomorrow we're getting experimental in the kitchen again, and hopefully I'll be back with something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment