Friday, July 3, 2009

Baking Double Time






This past week I've done a little bit of baking, not just because I enjoy it but because it was kind of therapeutic during my grieving for my grandma period. (http://hobbygoround.blogspot.com/).

Tonight I realized I had to go shopping soon and was low on a few baking essentials. I also had a few things that needed to go, like the ripe ripe bananas that were sitting in my kitchen and the strawberries that needed to be used before they went bad. First recipe was Strawberries and Cream Banana Bread.

The first time I made this earlier in the week, I forgot to grease the pan (doh!), so it kind of mutilated on the bottom a little bit. This time, I remembered and it came out beautifully. We had a slice tonight, and the rest will be good for breakfasts this weekend.

Second was Soft Buttermilk Sugar Cookies. These are a little weird. They're not dense like sugar cookies you get from the store. Instead, it's like eating a cloud...or a fluffy piece of cake. Definitely tasty, but very crumbly if you're careful.


No picture of the after, just be careful when removing these bad boys. Also, I used buttermilk but was informed this week that you can actually make recipes calling for buttermilk with slightly soured milk. It sounds weird, but maybe worth a try in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment