Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chocolate Banana Bread


Most people who are fans of baking seem to find it calming. I never understood this because being the kitchen generally made me nervous. Tonight though I decided to try it out. After yet another issue with the roommate situation, my irritation took me to the store to cool down and pick up the ingredients for Chocolate Banana Bread, a recipe I've been wanting to try since finding it here.


For the record this is my first attempt at making any sort of bread. I even bought two new bread pans in honor of the occasion.

The only part of the recipe I did different was instead of toasting any nuts, I just bought a small bag of already chopped pecans and through them into the batter.




For an evening snack, I had two slices of this with Blue Bonnet Light butter and a glass of Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk. It was awesome and I'm totally psyched that it came out as well as it did for me.










I ended up feeling much calmer and chilled out after the actual act of baking the bread too. Still can't wait to be out of here and in my own apartment wtih my own kitchen....but it's good to know baking therapy is always an option no matter where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment